- August. PinMed receives a Notice of Award from the National Institutes of Health to continue development of APEX, its nonobtrusive, cuff-free arterial blood-pressure monitoring system. From the NIH summary statement:
“The development of a more reliable and validated clinical grade system for monitoring nighttime arterial pressure could have a significant impact on a critically important clinical population of patients suffering from uncontrolled hypertension. The review panel was extremely enthusiastic for this highly innovative and well-designed proposal from an outstanding team of well-qualified investigators having the appropriate physiological, bioengineering, commercialization and clinical expertise.”
- August. PELEX-MAX, PinMed’s MRI-compatible (conditional) 12-lead ECG, blood-pressure, and oximetry monitoring/recording system, is successfully tested during cardiovascular MRI on a 3T MRI scanner in large-animal experiments.
- July. The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office issues a Notice of Allowance for a new patent on cuff-free, nonobtrusive monitoring of arterial blood pressure, “Evaluating Arterial Pressure, Vasomotor Activity and Their Response to Diagnostic Tests.”
- June. PinMed successfully extends the PELEX-MAX system to include both wireless and wired data transmission, providing delay-free monitoring and data recording for time-sensitive applications, including cardiovascular magnetic resonance and cardiac electrophysiology studies.
- April. The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office grants a new patent, “Wireless Health Monitoring in the Setting of X-ray, Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Other Sources of Electromagnetic Interference,” extending PinMed’s IP for physiological monitoring in the most challenging environments, including MRI.
- March. PinMed successfully tests the PELEX-MAX high-fidelity, wireless monitoring system at the NIH Clinical Center. The system is tested in both animal and human subjects during real-time cardiovascular MRI, in the X-ray setting, and during transport.
- December. PinMed successfully completes testing of the APEX system prototype in human subjects. APEX is the first multisensor, high-fidelity monitoring system to provide continuous, cuff-free, noninvasive tracking of arterial pressure, as well as ECG, cardiac output, vascular resistance, and other important cardiovascular parameters
- November. The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office issues a notice of allowance for a new patent, “Wireless Health Monitoring in the Setting of X-ray, Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Other Sources of Electromagnetic Interference,” extending PinMed’s IP in the most challenging environments, including MRI.
- October. The PELEX-MAX system is presented at AdvaMed 2016‘s Innovation Showcase.
- August. PinMed successfully completes field testing of its prototype MRI-compatible defibrillator system.
- July. PinMed is selected from a field of nearly 500 applicants to receive the NIH/NHLBI Scholarship and to present its PELEX-MAX system for the Innovation Showcase at AdvaMed 2016, the leading MedTech conference in North America.
- February. Testing of the APEX system in human subjects continues at PinMed’s facility. APEX is the first multisensor, high-fidelity monitoring system to provide continuous, cuff-free, noninvasive tracking of arterial pressure, as well as ECG, cardiac output, vascular resistance, and other important cardiovascular parameters.
- January. PinMed presents its PELEX-MAX system at the 19th Annual Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR) Scientific Sessions in Los Angeles, CA. PELEX-MAX is the first wireless, MRI-compatible, high-fidelity monitoring/recording system that provides 12-lead ECG, four blood pressure channels, and pulse oximetry recording in the MRI environment. It is particularly useful for MR-guided interventional cardiology procedures.
- November. PinMed is granted a new patent by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for a mobile system with network-distributed data processing for biomedical applications.
- August. The NIH awards PinMed a contract to develop the first external defibrillator for MRI-guided cardiovascular procedures.
- February. PinMed presents its prototype PELEX-MAX system at the Interventional CMR Workshop at the 2015 Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance/EuroCMR Joint Scientific Sessions. Read more here.
- January. PinMed successfully completes animal testing of PELEX-MAX, providing high-fidelity, 12-lead ECG and blood pressure data during interventional cardiovascular MR procedures.
- May. PinMed is selected among leading NHLBI-funded companies to present its Longitudinal Monitoring Platform at the NHLBI Regional Innovation Conference in Boston.
- April. The U.S. Patent and Trademark Ofifce grants PinMed a new patent entitled “Method and System Useful in Analyzing and Monitoring Blood Pressure, Cardiac Output and/or Vascular Activity,” which further establishes PinMed’s intellectual property portfolio on the network-distributed medical monitoring and Internet-cloud based analytics. The portfolio now includes 7 granted U.S. patents and additional pending patent applications.
- April. PinMed is awarded the second phase of an NIH contract to develop a wireless, multisensor MRI-compatible monitoring system.