U.S. Patents Covering Personalized Monitoring of Arterial Blood Pressure, Electrocardiogram, and Other Health Data
- Wireless Health Monitoring in the Setting of X-ray, Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Other Sources of Electromagnetic Interference. No 9,610,016. This multipurpose, modular system provides diagnostic-quality, wireless, multichannel monitoring in diverse settings, including interventional procedures guided by X-ray and MRI, with variable electromagnetic interference (EMI) and eliminates the need for multiple detachments/reattachments of patient cables when the patient is moved from one room/procedure to another.
- Mobile System with Network-Distributed Data Processing for Biomedical Applications. No 9,183,351. Adaptive system for medical monitoring distributes data processing among computing devices connected to a network to optimize usage of computational resources, network communication speed, and user experience.
- Method and System Useful in Analyzing and Monitoring Blood Pressure, Cardiac Output and/or Vascular Activity. No 8,706,464. The invention makes use of optimally positioned sensors for tracking of systemic arterial blood pressure without a pressure cuff, as well as cardiac output, local vascular activity, and other physiological/health data. The system can be implemented as an ambulatory blood pressure monitor.
- Personalized Monitoring and Healthcare Information Management Using Physiological Basis Functions. No 8,388,530. Analysis of individual’s serial changes based on the concept of personalized basis functions (PBFs) is disclosed. Due to more accurate reference information provided by the PBFs, individual’s changes associated with specific physiological activity or combination of activities can be monitored more accurately, and clinically important changes can be detected earlier. A library of individual’s PBFs and their transition probabilities (which can be described by Hidden Markov Models) can completely describe individual’s physiological dynamics.
- Digital Healthcare Information Management. No 7,801,591. The system uses the first-scale (low-resolution) analysis of a snapshot measurement of at least one indicator (primary element), such as heart rate or blood pressure, and uses a second-scale (higher-resolution) analysis to determine serial changes in each of the said primary elements.
- Measurement and Analysis of Trends in Physiological and/or Health Data. No 7,485,095. The system achieves the necessary sensitivity (signal-to-noise ratio) by extracting the underlying typical patterns.
A multi-patent portfolio for analyzing physiological and health data and representing the most significant parameters at different levels of detail which are understandable to a lay person and a medical professional:
- Multi-scale Analysis and Representation of Physiological and Health Data. No 7,343,197.
- System and Device for Multi-scale Analysis and Representation of Physiological Data. No 6,925,324.
- System and Device for Multi-scale Analysis and Representation of Electrocardiographic data. No 6,389,308.
Other pending patent applications are not yet published.